cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting trend. 18 years loyal and 20 yrs spouse.

OviOneKenobi
I'm a contributor level 1

This is Public information . Just do a simple search . 

Rogers Communication annual gross profit for 2021 was $4.697B

If this sounds a lot read further. 

That's a 47.43% decline from 2020.

Rogers Communication annual gross profit for 2020 was $8.936B, ( near 9 billion !! ) 

But thats a 7.5% decline from 2019

Rogers Communication annual gross profit for 2019 was $9.66B ( nearly 10 billion) .

Declining in pandemic is fairly unique when usage went through the roof. Rogers internal feud on who gets more from users was maybe a factor . 

Now, the boasted 150 million that cover those  arbitrary  5 days are actually not costing them anything. It's just pausing the milking for not even a day, according to the low 2021 profits

And it's hilarious compared to the impact on fundamental government guaranteed services ( 911 is the most obvious). Incapacity to make transactions or communications is something of old Wild West telegraph times.

So the incredible greed and obvious insufficient and not transparent PR stunt will just accelerate the drain.

As a continuous 18 years user I obviously am frustrated by lack of service quality, poor signal when you need it and complete data cutcat the end of a chunk, that render any smartphone useless . The others allow a tricked flow forcbasic smartphone functionality. The cute animal other colluding company for example. 

Insult to i jury - boasting and selling 5G technology phones , without offering actually the option. 
The first 4 month of 2022 the were close to. 4 billion. So , based on that, it's an 8 hour pause of profits. 

All is public, verifiable data.

Now, what shall I do ? Honestly. Support is giving the run around. I bought my iphone 13 from Apple to allow flexibility. Spouse penalty for a minimal subsidy is not a factor. 

Please help me with meaningful advice. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

OviOneKenobi

My intention was to show the discrepancy between profit and quality of services.

Incredible high costs requested,  that are not comensurate with consistent service, Complete capping ( instead of throttling that render basic safety and functionality very crippled in a modern smartphone these days.

I am also pointing the  futility of being a long term customer.

What do I ask for? 

I think what everyone else does.

Maintain a decent pricing compared to service. upgrade.

I am ( from what I empirically notice) asking for decency in pricing .

We all notice the collusion capitalism.

I know that calling and playing the negotiation game at individual level is more cost effective for the company.

But we are jaded and tired of this.

Try to view it form the long term perspective of customers.

I ask for decency in pricing. And be proactive in owning and acknowledging shortcomings.

Hey @OviOneKenobi! We don't mean to make things harder for anyone and always work to remain competitive in the market. That's why we offer a lot of models that are more budget-friendly. 

We also have been and continue to consistently invest in our network, reliability, testing as well as greater use of artificial intelligence to ensure we're able to deliver the reliable services you deserve. 

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. 

Hi there @OviOneKenobi , that's a lot of financial information you have posted. Big numbers for sure. I read your post a few times and, forgive me, I am not sure if you're asking a question or showing Roger's finances. If there's a question that we can help you with, please post again so it is clear what you require. Sorry if I'm missing something. 😔