Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play carrier billing

DeevyW
I'm a participant level 2

Hello all,
A long time ago I was able to purchase things from the play store using Fido carrier billing but now I can't use that option. The option says: Device is not provisioned for carrier billing. BTW I'm a prepaid user. Any ideas what wrong? Thanks in advance!

***Edited to add labels***

33 REPLIES 33

Hey @StevenEllis,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

Have you already checked on Wallet.google.com if you have an active profile at the moment?

StevenEllis
@FidoClaudia

I am in Canada and google wallet is not supported in my country

Hey @StevenEllis,

My bad! It should be payments.google.com, as FidoFaiza mentioned Smiley

After you log in, simply click on the Menu at the top left and select Payment Methods, then finally click on Remove.

Once that's done, go back to the Play Store and try registering again to direct carrier billing.

Let me know if it worked.

denishachey
So i removed carrier billing by accident and now when i try to verify i get and error when google tries to sms fido.
Ive cleared chache and data...
And done everything listed on this forum

Hi @denishachey & welcome to the Community. Smiley

What error message do you get when you try to adding back carrier billing?

denishachey
I managed to fix the issue. But i had talked to a representative and she said i wasnt over my limit now....but when i try to buy somthing google says im over my limit still. I just cant win. 2 days of dealing with reps from both google n fido. Lol

Thanks for getting back to us!

Mind sharing how you managed to fix the issue? Any insight's appreciated if we ever run into a similar situation in the future Smiley 

Hi @StevenEllis,

Can you try payments.google.com please?

Thanks!

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP
I'm happy it works for you now but it still would be nice to know why it happened so we can know in the event it happens again.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

HI @DeevyW,

Did anything changed since the last time you made a purchase from the play store? Like phone number, phone?

DeevyW

Hello @KAPABLE-K

Nothing has changed: I've had the same number for ~6 years. My last purchase from the Play Store was about a year ago. I tried removing the "carrier billing" option from my Google Account and retried purchasing. When it tries to confirm if my Fido account is available for carrier billing, it just says that my Fido account isn't available to purchase.

OK after reading some info on Google site I came up with this.

If you don't see a carrier billing option, keep in mind:

• Direct carrier billing is only available using the Google Play Store app. It isn't available on the Google Play website on a computer or mobile browser.
  • Your account with your carrier must be in good standing.

Check with your carrier to make sure:

• You haven't exceeded your carrier's monthly spending limit.
  • Your device and service plan allow premium content purchases.
  • Your device can use direct carrier billing.

It could be because you are a prepaid user and your plan does not allow  premium content purchases. We will have to get a Fido moderator to see if thats why its not working for you.

DeevyW

Hello again @KAPABLE-K,

I actually tried purchasing again and this time my transaction went through. I guess it just resolved by itself. Thank you for your help though!