cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido apps now asking to login after update.

Edmond1
I'm a participant level 2

Before just open the apps and it open fine until I updated it, now Everytime I opened it asked to username and password.

6 REPLIES 6

Mehl

Upon troubleshooting with some of the Fido Customer Service Rep I found out that on Mar 3, if you are an account holder with MULTIPLE LINES, YOU will need to re-register as an ACCOUNT HOLDER, using an e-mail address (you may have to contact Fido to "un-register" your phone number if you previously used it to log in to your account on Fido website). Furthermore, each mobile/internet line users need to register as a SUBSCRIBER so they can log in access their individual usage and activate their own data bytes. I prefer this model better, as it allows anyone to log in to a FIDO app on ANY device as it no longer needs an authorization code tying a Fido app instance to a single device; which means I can now use my son's or husbands phone to check our billing Info, without de-authorizing their devices. (They would just need to log-in to the app again afterwards as only one account is allowed to be logged in at any given time).

However, the DATA BYTES are ONLY accessible if you are logged in as a SUBSCRIBER. Which means I had to register one email as the ACCOUNT HOLDER, which is tied to my account number, and another email to register as a SUBSCRIBER, which is tied to my primary phone line. It's not the end of the world, though it seems unnecessary. the "Remember Me" feature still does NOT work as the app always prompts you to log in. Also, I think it would have been a good idea for Fido to let their customers know about this new log in process.

jhamil
I'm a contributor level 1

My Fido App just started asking me to Log in each time, This is January 2021.  I have updated my phone and 2 phone plans in Fall of 2020 and it behaved just fine until now. The Fido rep says that I need to set up new information using an email address and password. I can still log into my Fido account online with old information. If I change the phone to a different log in will that also mess up my online account access?

Hey @jhamil

Changing your log in credentials shouldn't change anything on your online account at all. Were you logging in with your phone number before or your email? If you were registered with your number, it could be the reason we might've suggested to set up a new account with an email instead. 

Was this change already made? Can you let us know if after the change you were no longer asked to log in each time you were accessing the app?

jhamil

Hi FidoClaudia.  

I was logging in with a user name. It was the same with the app and online. So far I have just left it as it was. I really don't want to mess things up more than they are. Its one extra step and isn't as secure if someone else finds the phone but at least it works for me. It was nice seeing my data use at a glance before. 

That's perfectly fine @jhamil!

If you ever want us to take a closer look, you can contact us here or request a PM from the community for assistance. Smiley

FidoCharles
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Edmond1

Welcome on the Community!

Are you referring to the "Remember Me" feature?

We're aware of a certain situation with the current App version and our team in charge is working on this at the moment.

Just to be sure, are you able to remove the My Account App completely and install it again? Does it persist?