Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido app not displaying login screen

denner
I'm a contributor level 1

My case number C******828...

So after the latest update 4.24.0.41 all I see for the login page when I use the app is a black screen..

Screenshot_20230322-165840_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

 here is some settings on my a50 samsung.

Screenshot_20230323-104333_Settings.jpg

I tried uninstalling the app from Google Play but all it does is roll back to the original version, I guess to when I purchased the sim card.. it then pushes me to update to this latest version... I'm not sure if this is related to the browsers because I can log into fido from chrome but not Adblocker browser. I thought I saw somewhere to change if the app uses a browser to login or just the app... 

What can I do to fix this...

Dennis

7 REPLIES 7

FidoLony

Hey @denner ,

We're sad to learn that you're still experiencing issues with the app following the update. 

To be sure, is your device working on LTE when you try to access the app?

Are you having similar issues with other apps or slow running apps?

denner

Sorry the chronological order of these posts is messed up. I fixed the problem by changing the browser that the fido app uses. Chrome works. My outstanding question, is it normal that the fido app uses the browser to log into fido?

Hey @denner Very_Happy

Glad to know this is now resolved! 

It's possible that the app currently redirects to an Internet browser to log in.

This can happen when we're working on improving the login process for the app itself, so customers still have a way to access their account in the meantime. Smiley

denner

Thanks for the response but I think this something to do with how the app uses the browsers on your phone.. I can't remember remove the fido app from my phone but I also can't see how to change the settings on what the app functions.. I remember seeing something that said 'use browser or app', but I cant find that setting anymore.. another odd thing is I 'uninstalled the app' but it still exists on my phone.. this latest update changed how users log into fido and I have an older sim... I haven't heard from any fido support personal to go over my setup... the Fido login works with the chrome browser but not with Adblocker browser... If I can change that we might be okay..

denner

New update 4.24.3 still failing.. found spot where browser was mentions.. in 'set as default' tried changing the option 'open supported' but I think that's is only needed once your in the app...some how the app uses the Adblocker browser which can't log into fido anymore... Why is the fido app using a browser to log in, shouldn't it just log into fido it self?

denner

Ok it's the browser.. changed the default browser app to chrome now the fido app works... But I still like to know why does the fido app use a web browser to log in.. 

Hi @denner , I had the same thing happen to me this morning. I opened and closed it a few times, still wouldn't open so I tried again and left it on the blank screen and went to do something for about 30 minutes and it was working,  I don't know why but it's now working each time I open it.