cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS I can't react to other peoples messages

justin8456
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

So I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and I dont seem to have the option so react to other peoples messages that also use RCS, although they can react to mine. I have RCS enabled and can use all the other functions of it. But when I press and hold the message all it gives me is Delete, Copy Text, Select Text, Forward, Share, Star Message, Add to reminder and view details. Is there any way I can fix this? 

Everything on my phone is completely up to date. 

2 REPLIES 2

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @justin8456

The default Samsung messaging app may not include the ability to react to messages. Since not all messaging apps have the same features, you would need to confirm what your messaging app offers and verify if perhaps an update is available to add this feature.

You can also download and use another RCS messaging app on your device, like the Google version suggested by @Original_Lucy.

Let us know how it goes and please share your solution with the Community Smiley

Hi there @justin8456 , are you perhaps long pressing on your messages instead of a quick tap? If that's not the case,  maybe try a different messaging app or select sms to send it. I used to have a bit of trouble with it and switched to the stock messaging app and once it sent, switched back to Google messenger. Hopevthat helps.