cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Bytes banner not visible

ravivenkatesh
I'm a contributor level 1

I am a 20 year Fido customer. I recently decided to try Data Bytes. Surprised that My Account does not have anyway to access it. I was told to uninstall. Unable to do that either, no uninstall button for the app. 

67 REPLIES 67

Hello @Alfred1234

Reinstalling the app, did this give you a different result?

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @ravivenkatesh,

If you have a older plan then you will not have to Data Bytes feature.

If your plan does have the feature but its not showing up in the app try this, launch the app then go to MORE in there you should see MY DATA BYTES HISTORY. You should be able to activate the Data Bytes from there providing you have a plan with that feature.

ravivenkatesh

Hi

Plan says I have it, I keep seeing the offers on My Account for 5 hours of data. I just don't see any way of accessing it. I have used it before, couple of years back.

Hey @ravivenkatesh

In order to see the Data Bytes option, you need to make sure that you're not logged in to your account on the app.

Hope it helps!

Blynn

If your not signed into the app how do you activate the data bytes? 

ravivenkatesh

Not logged in to My Account app? 

When you open your app, you can login (so that you can view your bills and account details) or you can use it to check your usage without being logged in.  In order to use Data Bytes, you need to make sure that you are not logged in.

ravivenkatesh

I have My Account opened on my phone. I am logged into My Account. I logged out, and when I open it again, I needed to authenticate again with a code sent to the phone. That logs me back into My Account app.

Not logged into the Fido.ca online account on the device.

Do not see Data Bytes anywhere so far. What else need I do on the device?

ravivenkatesh

I turned off WiFi, reopened My Account. Still nothing.

Hello Ravivenkatesh,

Welcome to the community!

I understand the banner is no longer where it used to be. I don't see it on my My Account app (version 4.5.0.13 (1233)) either. However, have you tried to select the More menu from the options on the bottom of the app as suggested above? Under that menu, there should be a My Data Bytes History option. You should be able to start a Data Bytes session using that method.

**edit**

Screenshot_20191209-162902_My Account.jpgScreenshot_20191209-162916_My Account.jpg**

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

DWVG
I'm a participant level 2

My data bytes dont even show up under the more option.... ? Ideas?

Hello @DWVG,

Welcome to the community!

Did you check to see if you have the latest version of the app? You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the app and see if that helps.

DWVG

Thanks!  I have the latest update but my phone doesn't give me the option to uninstall the app. I can I not disable or force stop the app.. ?

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @DRT71 and @DWVG!

We are aware that this was happening with a past version of the app but it should be resolved with the newest one.

Do you both have the latest app update?

If so, please try uninstalling it and then installing it again. If you're on Android then please also delete the app cache via your phone's settings (under applications).

If that doesn't fix things, please contact us and we'll take a closer look or let us know and we'll PM you here on the Community. 

Blynn

it's been months and months - no databytes. When is the estimated fix for iPhone and what is your resolution and restitution for its users.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Blynn,

This thread should include the solution to your situation, so we've moved your post here. Let us know how it goes Smiley

Blynn

Not there

ravivenkatesh

Hi Cawtau

Thanks. My app version is the same as what you have, so I am guessing there is something at my account level that made the feature disappear. I am in touch with Alan, now Anthony on pm. WIll keep trying Happy

Hey everyone!

We've received confirmation from our app team that some users may not have been seeing the Data Bytes banner, it's fixed now though!

Please make sure you have the latest app version and the banner for Data Bytes will be under the usage tab.

ravivenkatesh

Capture+_2019-12-09-16-58-03.png

 

ravivenkatesh

I don't have the first option at all.