cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixi free ride perk

VladimirV
I'm a participant level 3

Hey, I generated a code for BIXI free ride in Fido app, then came to Bixi app and entered it (copy-paste) when selected "one-way ride" (also tried with 1-day pass) and clicked add promo code. The code doesn't work. Tried several times at different days. 

Anybody tried? What's wrong?

6 REPLIES 6

FidoSaira

Hey @VladimirV

Congrats on your first post!

Are you redeeming the code through the Bixi application or through a Bixi station? Let us know.

If it is the application, you have to have a valid credit card added there.

If you're still facing issues, I would suggest that you contact Bixi customer service directly.

VladimirV

Hey, through the Bixi app on mobile

VladimirV

... And yes I have a valid credit card in app. This error happens right after entering the promo code. It even doesn't proceed to the next step with credit card. I ended up with paying 1 way ride as I needed urgently to take a bicycle, otherwise I would late to my train Sad

I believe if Fido makes perks to attract people be (and stay) their customers it should be done properly and with responsibility. Otherwise they advertise something that doesn't exist. It's actually fake perk and fake ads. The last thing I need in my life is calling to Bixi support to redeem some coupons. It makes no sense to generate non working codes. Fido must check if their codes work before advertising. I could tell even more - I'm on the way to switch to Fizz but knew I would like to try Bixi (I'm quite new in Canada), so I delayed my move just because of this nice perk and at the end it didn't work and I payed. That's why Fido should take an action and make things proper and be responsible.

Hi @VladimirV

Truly sorry to hear about your experience with the Fido Xtra Sad We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us; we welcome any opportunity that's given to us to improve our services. 

That said, can you please start by telling us what exactly was the error message when you entered the code in the Bixi app? That'd be important to know in order to get to the bottom of this. 

I await your reply.

VladimirV

Hi, the error was "The code is invalid. Please enter a valid code". Bixi app didn't accept the promo code generated by Fido app.

Thanks for letting us know, @VladimirV.

I'll send you a PM to have a closer look into it with you.

Keep an eye on your inbox.