Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App color

Magelan913
I'm a participant level 2

Hi all,

I wonder when Fido will start respect everyone and treat people accordingly.

When my iPhone app change color to respect LGBTQ (whatever it is it's), I simply delete it from my phone and put it back when App change color to original yellowish color. I think Fido should let us set our preferences and not to force us in something which is against our beliefs. Please, don't get me wrong. I think everyone should be treated respectfully and not forced to accept someone's else way of living or lifestyle whatever it is. 

9 REPLIES 9

Tank604

So you mean to tell me that I am not able to change it back to normal ya like I have nothing against ppl living the why they want to live but this is not the way I live and if I'm not able to change it back to normal I say that not fare at all and I don't really want to have to delete my fido how long is it going to be like this .. I have to say this is kinda  b#lls#itt sorry for the languages 

Tank604

Fido app**

Magelan913

Not sure what in this case identity and inclusion means, but I'm still not happy.

Why can't we have 2 versions of app one for this so called identity and inclusions and one for those who is not part of this? Also when this season of inclusion and identity start and finish, so I can delete app before and when it's over I  can reinstall app?

Hey @Magelan913 , sorry to hear that you are offended by the multi coloured Fido logo. It's quite lively and is easy to find in the app drawer. Having put my spin on it, you could remove it from your homepage and just leave it on the app page until you need to access the app. The colour of an app doesn't define you, it's only showing the company support for celebrating identity and inclusion in a non threatening positive way. 

But, worry not, the amazing yellow fido app will be returning soon and you'll be able to keep it on your device.  All the best to you 

Anon022
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

It has nothing to do with defining us. Some are just tired of having it shoved in our faces. I personally dont care what your preference is but keep it in the bedroom and not in public and yes we should have a choice if we want non complete rainbows splashed across our personal items or hanging flags outside our doors. We dont care what you are, just do you.... quietly...please

Hey @Anon022 , sorry to hear that a colourful app makes you feel uncomfortable. A lot of things make a lot of people uncomfortable. Like war for example, or homelessness, starvation, poverty or unsafe streets for the most vulnerable in our society. But, one month a year we celebrate life and acceptance and the right to be ourselves and embrace a peaceful existence and the color of an app makes you uncomfortable. Isn't it great that we live in a country where we can be ourselves and have an opinion?  Hope your day has more color in it than dark clouds. 

jhamil
I'm a contributor level 1

My app never changes colour but on our other phone it does. Why doesn't my app change colour and can it be fixed?

Hey @jhamil  Smiley

Do you have automatic updates enabled for your Fido app? 
If not, could you please let me know if you have the latest version of the app installed? 

jhamil

Hi I updated the app and now I it's working !!

thanks