Llama (free): Llama
Or Tasker (paid): Tasker
Have your phone automate some tasks, such as (not an exhaustive list):
- Turn off Account Sync at night (do you really need to get your emails while you sleep?)
- Put your device in vibration mode if you're at work, Monday to Friday between 8 and 5. Turn off vibration when you leave (or are no longer in that time period)
- Start the navigation app once you connect via Bluetooth to your car, or with an NFC tag on your dashboard
- Set screen brightness depending on the time of the day
- Turn WiFi on at home and work, off everywhere else
- Take an action based on the contents of your calendar
That's just a small sample of what those apps can do: search the web for more example. Tasker can do more, but Llama is free.
I'm not affiliated with either apps.
*** edited to add labels ***