cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi calling icon at status bar disappeared

rocky714
I'm a contributor level 1

wifi calling icon shown up at my first activation but it's not showing up anymore after software update. I am using Samsung Galaxy S7 edge 6.0.1. I have tried resetting to factory default and deactivating wifi calling through the customer service but to no avail. what's the problem?

***Edited to add labels***

7 REPLIES 7

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @rocky714!

Are you getting an error message? And do you have a Fido phone?

Let me know. Smiley

rocky714
I don't have any error message and i bought my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge at Samsung Experience store in Etobicoke. It was working before some updates

Thanks for clarifying @rocky714 .

If you have a non-Fido device and no conflicting services, Wi-Fi Calling may work, but we can’t assure that the feature will work properly Sad

rocky714
hi, as i have said it was working well and the icon shown up before but after some software update, it disappeared. who is providing us the update? isn't it Samsung passing it to fido and fido will in turn endorse it to its clients? i have just reset all my network settings on my s7 edge but still didn't help

Hey @rocky714,

Thank you for the information. The updates are delivered from the manufacturer. 

I would like to take a closer look at your account so we can check out some details together. I'll send you a PM right away! Smiley 

rocky714
can u help me with my issue, please ? one thing more, i also have some missed calls mesg sent to me by fido but in fact, my phone didn't ring at all so i actually didn't receive any call. when i returned their call, they told me that it went to my voicemail automatically. this is why i need the wifi calling badly. poor fido signal here, been suffering since started with fido for 4 years already

Hey @rocky714,

I see here that we had sent you a Private Message last week so we can check this out together. Can you take a look in your inbox to see if you received it?

You can see this by first logging into the Community and then clicking on your username, you'll notice an envelope there for your private messages. 

Let me know if you haven't received it and I'll send you another one! Smiley