Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voice mail notifications stopped - LG G6 phone

raji20
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

Hoping someone here can help me. I have a mini-voice mail account - 3 messages, can save for 3 days. Until a few weeks ago, I was getting notifications when someone left me a voice mail. The notifications were coming from "number" 18. This allowed me to go check voicemail and clear up messages - importance since I can only have 3 messages! However, after an update to my LG G6 phone, the voicemail notifications totally stopped. I tried to get help in person at a Fido store, but the person there wasn't able to do anything. 

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @raji20!

Let's get to the bottom of that!

Now, you have said that this started happening after an update, right? Could you clarify what kind of update you performed? Was this a OS update?

I can think of a couple things that we can check which might be preventing you from receiving your notifications. 

It's possible that your voicemail notifications have been disabled. You should be able to check this under Phone > Menu > Settings > Voicemail > Notifications. 

It's also possible that this is being caused by your SIM card messages being full. This can be checked, and, any SIM card messages that you have can be deleted, under Messages > Menu > Settings > Advanced > SIM card messages.

Let us know if that helps! 

raji20

Hello,

I believe the +18 notifications of voice mail stopped after I updated the OS for my phone. 

I confirmed that the SIM card isn't full. There was a message there - a test message that my husband sent me. In the past, I used to get the +18 notification that I had a voice mail and also I could see that the message was saved on my SIM card, so I could go ahead and erase that after listening to the message.

I looked for whether voicemail notifications have been disabled, and I don't have the same sequence of steps as you mentioned below (i.e., on my phone, it doesn't go Phone > Menu > Settings, etc.). On my phone, the sequence is Phone > Call Settings > Voicemail > Notification sound. Notification sound has been set to Main (Crystal). 

Any other suggestions? Thanks for your help!

Hey @raji20

You should be able to receive notifications on your end. Have you had any trouble receiving or sending text messages lately?

And this happens even if you are on WI-FI or not? Let me know.