Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sony Experia PRO, stuck on ROAMING, unable to recieve incoming calls

alyok0
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

hello and thank you in advance!

We live in a large city and I have full signal on my (P.O.S.) Acer Liquid E

My wifey has a Sony Experia PRO with a 2 year no data plan under my account. We use Fido circle calling. Her phone is not able to recieve local calls and the phone seems to be locked on ROAMING. Called in for support but was on the phone for about 58 minutes until my cell died. Have called in twice with no resolve. Tried all the usual settings except re-setting to factory. stock phone, stock SIM card, NO DATA. Able to recieve SMS, able to call out. Pulled batery several times after each change. When you call her your phone only rings once or even "half-a-ring" then ends call. This call does NOT show up on her phone, no "missed call" aleart (she doesn't have call ID - yeah I know, her plan sux)

ANY ideas to try would be GREAT!

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey alyok0!

It is possible that the call forwarding has been activated on your wife's phone. To deactivate it, you can dial ##21# and press the call button.

It could also be that the SIM is defective. I'd suggest that you put your SIM in your wife's phone to see if the issue persists.

Should you still have the issue, I would suggest that you go to a Fido store to benefit from the Repair and Loaner program.

A representative will be able to look into it with you and if needed, he will also be able to send your phone in for repair.

To find the nearest store from you which offers this service, please click on the following link:

http://www.fido.ca/storelocator

Please make sure that you click on the check box next to Repair and Loaner service in order to only find the stores which offer it.

Let us know how it goes!