Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving some texts/voice calls!

RA78
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

This morning I haven't been able to call - the calls drop before connecting, and people are not able to call me; I'm also not receiving all texts - only some. Missing texts has been going on for at least a week now.

My phone is Samsung Galaxy A5, I've decided to use it as long as I can, since it has been doing a great job.

Is it a matter of not having the latest updates? I've got Android version 6.0.1, security patch level Nov. 1, 2016 (!! - shouldn't have been a newer update?). Or possibly it is a network issue?

Coincidentally, my son experienced the same call dropping last night with his iPhone 7, which seemed to go away at least partially today!

Please advise,

RA78

Is it possible that this is a phone virus??

Thank you,

Roumi

3 REPLIES 3

FidoStephane

Hey @RA78 

There was indeed a network outage yesterday which impacted the ability to make and receive calls. We're aware that some of our customers might still be experiencing issues today and our technical teams are working hard to restore the service as quickly as possible. 

As for your text messaging issue, I have a feeling it's unrelated. Have you tried rebooting your phone?

Here's a list of other possible reasons you might not be receiving all your texts:

• Your device has little memory available. This could interfere with your ability to receive texts, especially if the texts contain files, such as pictures or videos. 

You may have inadvertently blocked certain phone numbers from sending you messages. Check out of your device's user manual on the manufacturer's website to help guide you through the settings. 

The fact that your device is running software from 2016 should not impact your ability to send and receive text messages. 

Lastly, try sending yourself a text message. If the message is sent and well received, your issue might very well be caused by one of the above scenarios. 

Let us know how it goes! 

RA78

Hi FidoStephane,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply! Glad that the calling issue wasn't due to my phone.

My son sent me ~ 10 text messages yesterday afternoon within about 1 hour, and I received only 8 of them, and I received them in a very different order that they were sent. With two other people I noticed I have received some of their texts, but not others - selective receiving Happy

I have system memory 4.32 GB; 11.33GB used storage out of 16 GB; I can't find out what is the used memory vs. the available memory. However I am not running anything different than usual, and I have never had this problem before.

I've also noticed that some texts that I've sent, including test-texts to myself, have been received, and later on they appear as "failed" to be sent. This and the "selective text receiving" has been going on for the last several weeks or so.

I've also noticed that my signal is quite weak some times, and sending of a text can take few minutes, even though I'm by a window in downtown Toronto.

Do you have any other thoughts what may be going on?

Thanks,

RA78

I see...  so it's definitely not a memory issue. 4GBs is plenty lol 

Let's take a look at your Fido account together to see if something's up with your profile on the network's end. 

We'll be sending you a PM shortly. 

Chat soon!