lg g6 sms app

I'm a Contributor Level 1 Award88
I'm a Contributor Level 1

lg g6 sms app

Hi!

I have had an lg g6 for the past year and i recenty went back to using the stock sms app on the phone after using textra and android messages. I actually like the stock app however, the mms never automatically loads. I receive a message that informs me that i have received an mms and then i have to manually download it. I was wondering there was a way for it to do it automatically? I have enable the option to retrieve mms. 

Maybe i am doing something wrong.

thanks for your help!

Accepted Solution

Re: lg g6 sms app

Hey @Award88!

There's definitely a way for this to be set to automatic. For this you will need to enable the auto-download MMS feature under your text messaging settings. 

You can find this under Messenger > tap the vertical ellipsis icon > Settings > Advanced > Auto-Download MMS. 

Let us know if there's anythng else!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Solution

Hey @Award88!

There's definitely a way for this to be set to automatic. For this you will need to enable the auto-download MMS feature under your text messaging settings. 

You can find this under Messenger > tap the vertical ellipsis icon > Settings > Advanced > Auto-Download MMS. 

Let us know if there's anythng else!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Award88
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hey!

Would this be on android messages, the google sms app? The reason I ask this, is because I have the lg default messaging app. I don't have the options you suggested above. I have retrieve mms and retrieve mms on roaming. 

Thanks again.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4

It's possible for the wording under the settings to vary somewhat depending the device or the app version but Retrieve MMS and Auto-Download MMS refer to the same function. 

You can turn on Retrieve MMS and they will be downloaded automatically when you receive one.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4