Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lg g6 sms app

Award88
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi!

I have had an lg g6 for the past year and i recenty went back to using the stock sms app on the phone after using textra and android messages. I actually like the stock app however, the mms never automatically loads. I receive a message that informs me that i have received an mms and then i have to manually download it. I was wondering there was a way for it to do it automatically? I have enable the option to retrieve mms. 

Maybe i am doing something wrong.

thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Award88!

There's definitely a way for this to be set to automatic. For this you will need to enable the auto-download MMS feature under your text messaging settings. 

You can find this under Messenger > tap the vertical ellipsis icon > Settings > Advanced > Auto-Download MMS. 

Let us know if there's anythng else!

Award88

Hey!

Would this be on android messages, the google sms app? The reason I ask this, is because I have the lg default messaging app. I don't have the options you suggested above. I have retrieve mms and retrieve mms on roaming. 

Thanks again.

It's possible for the wording under the settings to vary somewhat depending the device or the app version but Retrieve MMS and Auto-Download MMS refer to the same function. 

You can turn on Retrieve MMS and they will be downloaded automatically when you receive one.