cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XR - No internet connection on LTE

squirrel94
I'm a participant level 3

For some weeks I noticed that I have no internet connection except when on Wifi.  I have good phone reception, display shows 3-4 bars, LTE or 3G but no connection to the Internet and no e-mail connection. I have tried the usual fixes, ie switch phone off and on again, switch to airplane then back, reset network settings, removed Sim card and replaced. No luck with any of these.

The phone is about a year old, supplied by Fido and worked fine until a few weeks ago.

Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

FidoDaniela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @squirrel94!

I have a few questions for you:

Is there an error message when you try to use any of the apps that you mentioned?

Have you taken a look at your network settings going on Settings< Cellular Data< Scroll down and see if the data is active for the apps you want it for?

Let us know!

squirrel94

I simply get "You are not connected to the Internet" when using my browser or email client.

Settings - Cellular is fine.

I suspect the phone has developed a fault and needs replacing.

Chris

Hey @squirrel94,

That sounds odd. Have you tried rebooting your device? That may help. 

Let us know! 

squirrel94

Yes, have tried several times.

That's definitely odd. We can definitely look over your account in order to verify the cause of the issue.

To get started, simply reach out to us on the channel of your choice. Alternatively, we can send you a PM here if you prefer.

Let us know! 😃