cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone X users experiencing loss of network access

Kaar
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

iPhone X users experiencing intermittent or total loss of network access. PLEASE FIX IMMEDIATELY! I was at Apple today because the Fido tech I spoke with blamed Apple for the network access issues I've been having. Turns out, it was Fido all along, as I suspected.

Apple factory reset my phone (problem remained) and then replaced it entirely (problem remained). Apple tech told me they are seeing numerous Fido/Rogers customers with identical problem. 

Fido replaced SIM card twice in 24 hours which finally worked (as in, I got about 8 hours of access after the third SIM card on a brand new iPhone X before my phone started experiencing the same problem again). I'm posting on here because the Apple store staff said they were seeing lots of people with the same problem and ALL of then were with Fido or Rogers - no other carriers. Brand new phone - expensive plan. I just need it to actually work! 

Help, Fido. 

32 REPLIES 32

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @SH44,

Welcome to the community Smiley

Has this happened again or was your issue resolved after completing the factory reset? There are indeed similarities with both situations, though we'll look into each case individually to narrow down the root cause.

Just to clarify, your Fido SIM working perfectly fine on another device means that the issue is most likely related to your device. To confirm that we would need to take a closer look of course. That being said, have you already had the chance to contact us and have our technical support team look into it?

You can reach out to us here or alternatively, we can send you a PM on this platform if you prefer.

nowaynoname
I'm a participant level 2

Exact symptoms have happened to my iPhone X too.

Coverage at my office is poor and phone often loses network connectivity while in office.

Phone usually reconnects when I leave the office. Usually automatically, sometimes requires a reboot. This behaviour also occurred with my iPhone 5s.

Several months ago the phone failed to connect to the network after reboot. No bars. No improvement after several reboots, call to Fido support, new SIM card at the Fido store.

Next was the Apple store. Genius Bar tech explained that they've seen this many times for Fido/Rogers customers and that it has to do with the carrier profile files supplied by Fido/Rogers. He said they never see this for other carriers. The only recourse was reset to factory defaults, which worked.

My iPhone X has worked like a champ on all networks, including the US, Europe and locally in areas of decent signal strength. It's only when I'm on and off the network all day at the office that I have trouble reconnecting to the cellular network.

Today it happened again. Presently backing up the phone and planning to reset to factory default. Fingers crossed that the phone will recover properly.

That definitely shouldn't happen @nowaynoname

Let us know if the factory reset helps. 

If not we'll be happy to look into it with you. 

nowaynoname

After backing up my iPhone I installed a software update to version 12.0. After the reboot, the phone re-connected to the cellular network, so the immediate problem fixed for now without having to reset to defaults. As soon as the phone came up it also downloaded carrier settings. When this happened previously, the Apple tech explained that it would be the carrier settings (provided by Fido) that would fix whatever problem is preventing the phone from connecting to the network.

Appreciate Fido's happy offer to help with the problem. Since this is a known issue at the Apple store, it seems that the best way to help is to work with Apple to fix the issue. Apple's tech told me that they don't see this issue with iPhones on other carriers' networks.

Hey @nowaynoname

I'll be sending you a PM so we can verify the details together. 

Talk soon Smiley 

Jdekker13

I as well have had the same on going issue. I will lose service. I will try to do a hard reboot on my phone and i will not recieve service. I have been to the Fido store 2x to replace my Sim Card, I have been to Apple 2x and they have replaced my phone. But, I get the same answer... that this is an ongoing issue with Fido/Rogers and to do the factory reset. For me, it seems to happen about once a month. It is actually quite frustrating to have to do a full delete and reset on your phone monthly. I pay a lot of money towards my phone bill, and yet you guys are not able to provide me with reliable coverage. Please look into this issue and fix it.... I have been with you guys for about 15 years. But if you cant get it together and fix this. i will switch providers as I need a reliable phone provider that will actually give me service...

seafarer
I'm a contributor level 1
Identical problems of connectivity on my iphone x. No issues with iphone 7 plus in same locations. Have tried and seen connection loss in almost all outdoor/indoor places in Ontario. Worst at airports where everyone around seems to connect swiftly except my iphone x! Happened even while roaming overseas too. No issues with iphone 7plus with the same fido sim.

Hey @seafarer,

Can you confirm if your phone is on the latest iOS available, version 12.1 and latest carrier version 34.1?

If not, would it be possible to update your phone and let us know if you notice any changes?

Keep us posted!

seafarer

@FidoClaudia wrote:

Hey @seafarer,

Can you confirm if your phone is on the latest iOS available, version 12.1 and latest carrier version 34.1?

If not, would it be possible to update your phone and let us know if you notice any changes?

Keep us posted!

@FidoClaudia wrote:

Hey @seafarer,

Keep us posted!

Yes both are latest updates 12.1 and 34.1

Hey @seafarer

Thanks for the reply. It can't be easy to have connection issues with your phone.

Even after restarting your Iphone X, get the same result?

Hi @Jdekker13.

We'll be sending you a PM shortly to have a closer look! 

Thanks so much for all the details and clarifications about your issue @Kaar.

In fact we were really wondering if it was possible for you to try the sim in a completely different phone model (besides the iPhone X) to see if the issue persist? So we can find out if the issue comes from an incompatibility between the device features and our network or specifically from your account. That would help!