cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6s not receiving texts from Android user a day after porting my number

kmgl
I'm a participant level 2

I recently switched to Fido from Koodo, and had my number ported over yesterday morning. I understand it can take some time for the porting process to complete, and eventually I received a welcome text from Fido, so I thought that meant the process was done. 

Immediately after the port I was able to send texts to my partner (he has an android device), however he's not been able to successfully send me any replies. They appear as sent on his device, but I see nothing. Yesterday, he also tried calling my number, but it went straight to voicemail rather than going through, as I'd expect. I figured that was likely related to slow porting, so I figured I would check back on it the following day.

Now today, he can call and get through to my number successfully, but text messages are still not coming through at all. I am successfully receiving texts from Fido, and other 2FA systems (for instance, Twitter 2FA), but no texts from his device. I've rebooted my phone repeatedly, made sure my settings are right under Settings > Messages, with iMessage activated, and with my phone number set under Send & Receive. I've also tried deleting and recreating his contact, to no avail. 

Could this still be related to porting, even given the fact that calls are working, and I'm receiving other messages via text? I also just noticed that Fido is not recognizing my phone number when I try to sign into my voicemail which suggests porting problems as well, I think. Any tricks I am missing here to get this to work? Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

EFTC
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

I have not ported any number myself but I heard it can take up to a few days for everything to work properly.  

Give it a few more days and perhaps reach out to Fido after that.  Hopefully your issues will be resolved before then.

kmgl

Hopefully time will do the trick! Thanks for your reply. So far, the texts are working today, but my number is still not being recognized when I try accessing voicemail. I'm hoping that's the last thing to port, and it happens in the next day or so. I'll report back. 

Hello Kmgl,

Welcome to the community!

Glad to hear that your text messages are working today!

With regards to your voicemail, you might have to contact customer service to have them reset your voicemail. There have been a number of instances where the voicemail service needed to be reset following the addition of, or change to, the promotion plan.

You should also note that plan only includes the regular voicemail (up to 3 messages, each 3 minutes in length that can be saved up to 3 days). If you wish to use Visual Voicemail for iPhone, you will have to add Premium voicemail or the iPhone value pack (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers