cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4 and automatic time updating

ian1955
I'm a participant level 1

when my iPhone time is set to update automatically, it is 1 hour fast.

time zone setting is correct and time is correct until i turn on set automatically.

iPhone 4

IOS 4.3.5

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

mdclarinet

I had the same thing happen to me at Metrotown and one spot in Richmond, but not anywhere else in Vancouver I've been. Do you find it's geographical? Fido tech support told me it's "an iPhone bug", but if it's geographical it must be some setting on the cel phone tower.

tamer

this is happening since ios 5 upgrade.  although i may not have noticed it before.  but we are in saskatchewan, and our out set timezone goes to winnipeg.  it is really frustrating.  if tried every combination of re-set and toggling flight-mode on off etc. etc.

i have an iPhone 4, and when it is sent to auto set time zone, it sets it to Winnipeg, despite the fact that i am in Saskatchewan.

On my wife's iPhone, this has caused all of her calendar events to change to being 1 hour late. this is a major problem.

i have done a pretty thourogh search on apple support boards and user groups, and the consensus is that the problem lies with the rogers/fido network. any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

When you set the iPhone to Set Automatically, it gets the time from the cell network and updates it based on your time zone. I'm not sure what advice to give since I have the exact same phone and software and am having no issues myself. What is your location when this happens?