cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 13 Mini Activation Problem

GAM49
I'm a participant level 3

I decided to upgrade my iPhone 7 to a mini 13. All efforts to activate it with my existing SIM card (including 2 hours of live chat with Fido) failed. Hopefully the exchange goes properly but I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar problems.

7 REPLIES 7

GAM49

Well, I have just spent another hour at a Fido kiosk in Nanaimo...there is no Fido in Port Alberni.  My returned iPhone has arrived at Fido but they are still billing me for the new, unused, phone plus the Apple care insurance!  I still need an upgrade but I'm fearful of getting more bills!

Thank you for the details!

If you've returned the phone within the guarateed period and it was delievered to Fido, please know that it can take our team a few days to remove it from your account, but it will be and the charges will be adjusted accordingly. As for the other add-ons, did you contact our customer care channel to remove those from your account? 

Should you still require help, please contact us.

GAM49

I did go to a Fido dealer (2 hours drive) they tried to resolve the issues so I could start with another phone. However they learned that the returned phone had been received but there was a computer proble and my account was not straightened out. I did another hour with'live chatting' and finally got notified the device protection cost would be canceled. I still need a better phone and will not do anything with Fido until I see my account back to where it was when I ordered the new phone..

I am glad you were able to call and get the device protection removed. Having said that, I assure you that the device will indeed be removed from the account. 

GAM49

Thanks.  That's encouraging but I wish that they would get it done because I need a new phone and can't upgrade until this is cleared up.

It can typically take them a few business days. 

However, if you still need help with it, please send us a private message on Facebook or twitter and we can double-check everything with you.

FidoStephane

Hi there @GAM49

Sorry for the late reply. It would appear your post went unnoticed. 

What is preventing you from using the iPhone mini 13 with Fido? 

New devices aren't locked to any specific provider