cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

google nexus crashing

dkallay
I'm a participant level 2

my google nexus phone which i have had for only six months is crashing more frequently when on a phone call.

happened once yesterday and twice already this morning

any suggestions?

***Edited to add labels***

7 REPLIES 7

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi dkallay,

Sorry to hear about this. Are you using the Samsung Galaxy Nexus or the Samsung Nexus S?

Have you tried does a factory data reset? This would erase all the data on your phone and reset it to default, so I'd suggest backing everything up prior to trying this. 

dkallay

Since the phone crashed twice more that day, I took it to a Fido kiosk so that they could send it in for servicing

fei
I'm a contributor level 2

the galaxy nexus had trouble with some of the newer updates and corruption of the onboard memory which can lead to unresponsiveness and continuous bootloops. luckily if it's still under warranty you have some other options when it comes to diagnostics. a factory reset is probably the least effective way to deal with the issue given that it's very time consuming to copy all of your files to pc, wipe, and reinstall everything only for a chance at restoring normal function. when your phone is off warranty and you can have a little more fun, i suggest flashing a custom rom like aokp or cyanogenmod who have fixed many of the random boot issues for this device.

dkallay

I got the phone back from service

The attached notes indicated that there was nothing wrong

fei
chances are they were unable to replicate the issue and gave it a rubber stamp of approval. i wish you luck, because fighting over warranty repairs is a tough job. fight any extra charges they try to send your way, as this issue is covered under rma policies providing that you havent been rough with it

isabel

Has the factory data reset solved this issue before?

isabel

Hello,

This is happening to my Samsung Galaxy Nexus also, and always during calls.