cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data bytes on windows 10 phone

gyasvinski
I'm a participant level 1

r I have a windows phone.The windows app has not been updated.I am eligible to get in on data byte plan..How can I achieve my goal without the latest app?

6 REPLIES 6

StuH

Is there any update on this issue yet?

glussier
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

I you want to use the 5 hours free content, you should get an Android/IOS device. The fact is that even Microsoft is starting to drop support on some of their windows phone apps, Skype for Business is a good example. I use both an Android phone provided by Fido and an unlocked Microsoft Lumia 950xl. If I was to use the 5 hours of unlimited download I would use my Android phone.

Don't expect businesses to support a dying o/s, even if it's a good o/s.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey StuH!

No news on that right now. 

We'll update Fido.ca if anything changes. 

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey ab1324657465415!

I wish that I could give you an answer about if/when it may be available for Windows phones but we haven't gotten any word on that yet. 

Kepp an eye on Fido.ca for any updates!

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey gyasvinski!

Welcome to the Community! 

For the time being, the new Data Bytes feature is only available with Android or iOS devices that have the latest update of the Fido My Account app (version 3.1 on Android and 3.1.1 on iOS). 

Note that for Android you need to have the operating system (OS) version 4.2 or higher and for iPhone you need to have iOS version 8.2 or higher. 

ab1324657465415

When can we expect the release for Windows phone?

Thanks