Phones and Devices
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Resolved! Will my phone work on the Fido network?

Hello,   Your device must be compatible with the Fido/Rogers network, which uses:   GSM ~ EDGE (2G) ~ on band 5 (850MHz). UMTS or WCDMA ~ HSPA (3G) / HSPA+ (4G) ~ on band 5 (850 MHz).   To access LTE, the device must be compatible with one or more o...

Cawtau by Senior MVP
  • 63 replies
  • 22 likes

Resolved! New phone, old sim?

I'm on a 2 year contract for my Iphone 7 plus that ends in a few months. I just bought a new unlocked Iphone from black friday. Can I use my sim card currently in my iphone 7 plus and put it into my new phone and use the same plan until my contract e...

christieli_ by I'm a participant level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spam text

Tried reporting spam text to 7726 but my message won't send.

WWW820 by I'm a participant level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to exchange defective phone?

just got an iPhone 7 from Fido yesterday evening. After I opened the package, I found I couldn't press the home button and turn it on.I want to exchange it now. What should I do next?can I exchange it at a Fido store? Tried to call 611 to obtain a re...

Jim-yyc by I'm a participant level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Android 10 Update

Hello! I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Global version and on their website, it says that the Android 10 (EMUI 12) has been rolled out in October. Wondering if anyone who has this phone got their update yet? OR... Is it something that I need to sideload....

jonochan by I'm a participant level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Google Pixel 5 delay

Same situation here and would like to just express my concerns. I called Fido on November 23rd to ask about my current phone plan upgrade options, and about the Pixel 5 Black Friday promotion. The $100 off was very enticing and the Customer Service ...

owenofan by I'm a participant level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes