cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apple watch series 5 cellular support?

SLIGHT____
I'm a participant level 2

Do you support cellular on the Apple watch Series 5? If not when do you see this happening?

Thank you 

5 REPLIES 5

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @SLIGHT____ ,

Welcome to the community!

Currently, Fido does not support Apple watches, there are currently no updates on if they will carry or support Apple watches in the future. If/when they do it will be announced on fido.ca.

You can still buy an Apple watch and pair it with a compatible iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.

SLIGHT____

I understand this is an option... it wouldn't make sense to have the GPS/Cellular option if its not supported by my provider. I was hoping there would at the very least be a future plan in the works to have this addressed as I see there are many questions regarding the past models of the watch. 

So basically I am left to decide between two options. 

1. Go with the option of GPS only and not have a cellular option unless I carry my phone... (making the idea of the watch pointless on runs. Idea behind it was not having to have my phone in a pocket while running.)

2. Go with the original option of cellular and look at options of providers. (I would be willing to wait if there was at least a plan... yet I'm not sure there is even a thought about this.)

Hello SLIGHT___,

Welcome to the community!

I understand there is interest in support for smartwatches. As far as I am aware, none of the flanker brands offer smartwatch plans. The different provider tiers usually offer different services. You should note that the flanker brands may offer services which are not offered in their parents' regular plans.

Currently, Fido (as well as the other flanker brands) have decided not to offer smartwatches and associated plans. As I have mentioned in other threads, doing so would necessarily increase overhead costs and result in a generalised price increase for everybody. One way for companies to keep costs lower for customers is to limit their selection offerings. If they choose to offer them in the future, it will be posted on Fido.ca.

Only you can decide which provider and their services best suit your needs.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

JcTcom
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

It is too bad to see a great Provider like Fido is now rated as a "Flanker" brand.  I have been with them for 18 years now and before they were purchased by Rogers they were never a "Flanker" brand.  I am now looking at getting iWatch 6's for me and my wife who are both on Fido.  If Fido does not support them by the end of my current contract I am sad to say that I will be moving on.  And I can guarantee you that I won't be going with Rogers since as far as I am concerned they are the ones that ruined the Fido service.

Carl

Hello again @SLIGHT____,

I can understand this is not what you want to hear but Fido never supported any of the smartwatches and if they have plans to add it to their device list in the near future the only way we would know is when it is officially announced on fido.ca.