cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add a new line issue

davewi
I'm a participant level 2

Yesterday i went through the steps to add a new line to my existing account.  I chose my new number along with all the steps asked.  i have yet to recieve any verification that things are completed, my account profile does not reflect those changes  nor have i recieved any email verification

please help

7 REPLIES 7

Dilbert66
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Same here.  Chat didnt work sp I called directly ended up waiting about 1/2 hour for an agent.They had the orders on my account but I was told it can take a day or 2 for it to show online or get the confirmation email.   I assume they are understaffed and busy with these promos like others have said.

mic911
I'm a participant level 3

I just got the confirmation email today, so it took a full 2 days to receive the confirmation email. 

The offer I signed up for on Cyber Monday was for $35/month ($10 discount off the $45 plan, for 24 months) for 7GB data (4GB plus bonus 3GB), but the confirmation email attachments (Mobile Service Agreement, and the Critical Information Summary) stated $45/month and 4GB, which is the regular second line plan without the $10 discount or 3GB bonus data. 

When I logged into the "My Account" portion of the website today, I can see the second line is added with 7GB of data, but says it's $45 for the plan, so I am hoping the discount is added by the time the bill is generated.

It also appears that billing for the second line has started already but I have yet to receive the SIM which means that I'll be paying for service before the SIM is activated.

mic911

Thanks @KAPABLE-K 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hey @mic911 & @davewi,

Welcome to the community!

It can take 24-48hrs before you get the confirmation, also with the current situation and promotions they might be delays, but you will get it.

davewi

i hope so.. this is a Christmas gift and i need to make sure the line/sim card are ready to go 

mic911

I'm trying to reach a Fido rep in the chat app here: https://www.fido.ca/consumer/contact-us/my-fido-services/live-chat#

But, it just sits there at "We’re really sorry we can’t assist you, something went wrong. Let’s go get you a Live Chat agent." - not sure if anyone is on the other end of the chat...

mic911

Same issue here, I added a new line yesterday for the $10 discount for 24 months, plus the 3GB bonus, but have not received a confirmation email.  Maybe it takes some time for the email?