cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated Fido TRADE Issues

kyle222
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi there - I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Z-Flip 5 and was entitled to a promotional value of $530 (reg. $130 + $400 promotion when trading in a Galaxy device toward Z-Flip 5). I traded in an S20 FE in Navy and when I did a quote, it said I would receive $530. Upon escalation with the Trade portal, I was told that I was not eligible (which did not appear to be the case). I continued to share screen shots and the listed promotion (which I qualified for), but ultimately accepted the other promotional value of $330 ($130 + $300 promotion for trading an Android phone toward any flip phone.

This left a very bad taste in my mouth relating the the Trade program and escalations, but nevertheless, I submitted the trade for $330. I ran the Fido diagnostics twice and my phone had no issues. I finally submitted it without running diagnostics because I already had multiple times and my phone had no issues.

Now, to make matter worse, I receive an email saying my screen has burn-in. Not one of the questions asked for trade value and also the screen doesn't even have burn-in. The warehouse photos provided show no damage, and I am being told the promotion has expired and my phone is reevaluated at $30 value due to damage. This is completely unacceptable and a terrible experience in multiple ways. I need someone to address this because I have little faith in the Likewize trade escalation process. My trade ID is 001D1A42. Please help me fix this major inconvenience.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Kyle222,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your situation. Unfortunately, I think you might have to escalate the matter through Likewize. Fido only receives the devices on behalf of Likewize. Fido does not take ownership of any trade-in device (see here). As such, I assume the value determination would be at Likewize's discretion.

They also do state that any quoted trade-in value is a conditional estimate. Upon inspection, the actual trade-in value may be significantly reduced. You have 14 calendar days if you wish to reject the revised trade-in value (see above link).

That said, you should note that this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you wish to discuss your situation with Fido, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this help 😀

Cheers