Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Calling - OnePlus 6T

anthonyteles
I'm a participant level 1

Hello!

I was hoping to find out how I can set up Wi-Fi calling on my OnePlus 6T. I can't find anything directly online and it's not listed as a Fido phone, but I wanted to find out if it's possible to do as I lose signal frequently in my building.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Anthonyteles,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, OnePlus devices are not supported for Wifi-calling. Wifi-calling and voLTE usage with OnePlus devices simply have not been certified for use on the networks. I understand some sources suggest being able to use voLTE on some Canadian providers. However, to my knowledge, no one has been able to get Wifi-calling to work on Canadian networks. Sure, the basic services work, but for Wifi-calling and voLTE services to work properly, there needs to be collaboration between the device manufacturers and the providers. OnePlus would need to approach the mobile providers to have their devices tested and approved for use on the networks. As far as I am aware, they have only partnered with T-Mobile in the US. From a little while ago, but see response from OnePlus support team here. You might consider contacting OnePlus and request they start collaborating with Canadian networks. That said, I have also read on the OnePlus forums that they are reluctant to work with the Canadian mobile providers until they start selling their devices.

Not what you were hoping to hear, but hope this helps 😀

Cheers

JasonDes

I am a avid OnePlus phone user really like their product.  I have been a fido customer for years.
I am not able to use the wonderful feature of Wifi calling with my phone as Fido does not allow the option to apear on the phone to enable it.

I ask on behalf of OnePlus users that Fido looks into their OnePlus users to have the ability to use Wifi calling.

Hello JasonDes,

Welcome to the community!

I understand OnePlus does have their devoted users. However, as mentioned in my post above, there needs to be collaboration between the device manufacturers and the providers. OnePlus would need to approach the mobile providers to have their devices tested and approved for use on the networks. You might consider making the request to OnePlus.

Unfortunately, if OnePlus are not willing to work with the Canadian providers, I don't think it's likely Fido will start to support Wifi-calling and/or voLTE on those devices.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers