cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail notifications not working A5

Sudpaq
I'm a participant level 2

I'm not getting voicemail notifications on my A5. Any help out there?

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Sudpaq,

Welcome to the community!

If you weren't aware, when you receive a voicemail, Fido sends you a text message notifiying you of the voicemail. They do not activate any message waiting indicators on devices (except iPhone's Visual Voicemail app). Are you unable to receive that SMS notification? Are you able to receive other text messages?

Have you verified that your voicemail inbox is not full? You can manage your voice messages by calling into your voicemail inbox (see here under Managing your Messages).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Sudpaq

Thats the problem, I dont recieve a text.

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information. Could you please confirm whether you are able to receive other text messages? Were you previously able to receive the voicemail notifications? Also, are people able to leave messages in your voicemail?

Have you verified that your SIM is not full of messages? The voicemail notification comes from '+18'. Depending on the phone, occasionally those messages get stored on the SIM card. If the card is full, you won't be able to receive any additional messages. Is it possible you misadvertantly blocked messages from '+18'?

If you're still having issues receiving voicemail notification text messages specifically, you might consider contacting customer support to see if there are any issues on your account. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers