cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mails on Iphone 3gs

jennichandler82
I'm a participant level 2

I am currently considering upgrading from my 3gs to an Iphone 4. Fido is offering the trade in of my old phone but I need to find out if switching will cause me to lose saved voicemails. My mother passed away recently and I have a bunch of saved voicemails of her and I am not willing to lose those. So my question is the following; are your voicemails saved to your actual IPhone or are they saved on the provider's end?

***Edited to add labels**

3 REPLIES 3

chrisg90
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

i think they are on the providers end. and if so make sure u check ur voicemail regularly meaning at least 2 times a week to make sure that they dont delete cause they are only good for a certain number of days. maybe fido should come out with a tab on the website so that u can copy voicemails to ur computer that would make things easier cause id do that too. ps sorry to hear bout ur mom passing away. idk what thats like but im sure it sucks.

jennichandler82

Thank you. It does suck. She was only 55. Thanks for your advice and I really wish that either Fido or apple come out with

some way to save voicemails to your pc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same issue once.

The Voice messages are stored on Fido's central vociemail server, never on the phone.

I bought a $5 cable from the electronics store, plugged it between my telephone set at home the wall jack and it interfaced with my cassette recorder or pc via 2.5mm jack.  i plugged the jack in my computer and recorded the messages with windows sound recorder.  i also recorded them onto a tape recorder too just in case.

try the source... by circuit city to see if they sell this cable.