Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vivaz Pro - Problem with Internet Connection

cutepuppy88
I'm a participant level 2

Hi there,

I am having problems connecting to the internet via the Fido network on my vivaz pro.

It was working last week but since then, it hasn't been able to detect the Fido network.

I already turned it on and off and reset the phone as well, still no luck.

Weird thing is, I am able to hook onto the internet on my netbook via the phone but the phone

itself won't gain internet access.

Please advise.

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello cutepuppy88,

What kind of error message do you get?

Have you tried to reset your phone to the factory settings? Documents, files and mailboxes would not affected by phone resets.

To restore factory settings:

1- Select Menu > Settings > Phone > Phone management > Default settings > Yes.
2- Enter the security code (default: 0000). The phone restarts.

To restore factory settings using the reset code:

1- To open the dialler, select .
2- Enter *#7780# and select Yes. The phone restarts.

Let us know how it goes!

cutepuppy88

Hi FidoJudhy,

I actually read on another discussion to solve this problem .. is to master reset. So I did a master reset and everything is working now. One of the problems I encountered after was I thought it did a back up of my text messages and such, but it didn't. I was disappointed with that .. which I thought the PC Companion would do a back up of.

Can you inform me of why it doesn't back up the text messages?

Hello cutepuppy88,

You would have to contact Sony Ericsson directly to know about their PC Companion software.

@ Community:

Does anyone have the answer to this question?

Grandizer
I'm experienced level 3
I'm experienced level 3

When you say master reset, did you mean you did a 'repair' using SE PC Companion? If you did, then you esentially wiped out EVERYTHING on the phone. Think of it as reformatting your entire hard drive. And SE PC Companion will NOT do an automatic backup before doing the repair. I think it even warns the user to do a backup before proceeding. I can't remember as I haven't done that in a bit. Then again, I've always backed up my data on a weekly basis (or if I have something important that it can't wait). I'm also paranoid in making sure I DO a backup before attempting anything that results in reseting back to factory defaults (good/safe practice-in case something goes wrong).

To do a backup on the card: select Menu>Organizer>File Mgr>Backup. Change settings as you see fit.

To do it on SE PC Companion: connect your phone>Backup and Restore. Follow the steps.

The safest bet would be to have backups on card, PC and external media. This way, if something does go wrong with one of the backups, you have another you can rely on.