cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a used iphone

Tweenie
I'm a participant level 2

My husband has given me his old IPhone 6S. His plan was with Virgin Mobile. I have an iPhone 6 and I’m with Fido. What do I have to do to make the phone useable? We know how to transfer information over to his old SIM but what else do we have to do?

3 REPLIES 3

FidoSaira

Hey @Tweenie

If the iPhone 6S is unlocked and compatible with Fido's network, you simply need to insert your Fido SIM card in it to make it work. Smiley

If it isn't an unlocked device, you need to contact the provider it was bought from to unlock it.

Hope this helps.

Tweenie

thanks!! I realized I hadn’t backed up my iCloud for quite a while so I did that. When I put the SIM into the new phone, the newest update would not show up!! What am I doing wrong??! Do I need thAt back up or is everything up to date on my SIM. Sorry for my ignorance in this!

Hey @Tweenie

No worries, but we'd need a bit more info. What newest update are you referring to exactly?

Is the iPhone 6S operating system up to date and everything? You can check how to do so here.

Can you also confirm if the phone detects your Fido SIM? Since the device has to be unlocked to connect to our network.

Let us know Smiley