cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked Huawei P30 pro VoLTE and WiFi calling

peterkalicki
I'm a contributor level 1

I purchased a P30 pro on my trip in Europe and these features aren't working on Fido.  Called to have a ticket opened to have my IMEI "whitelisted" and today, a week later, I called to follow up.  I was informed that the ticket was closed (nobody informed me until I reached out and called today) and to contact Tech Support via Chat (and was given a ticket number).  Seeing as this is exactly the same device Fido / Rogers sells, and also others with Samsung, Apple, Google and LG phones have had this enabled when purchased direct / unlocked or switched carriers, I'm not sure what the issue is. 

Can anyone from Fido please PM me or call me that can help out?   

My other option is to just jump ship and be done with the politics to another carrier... Like Telus or Bell for example.  It's just sad I used these features on other carriers in Europe without issue on 3 devices we had, yet here on Fido I'm being restricted and punished.  I am on a BYOP plan, so buying from Fido / Rogers and paying more for the exact same device (since I don't have a subsidy) should logically under competition act policy allow these features to work since it's the same device carried by Fido.

4 REPLIES 4

FidoKarl
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @peterkalicki

We hear you, but unfortunately, at this time only Android devices purchased from Fido can use VoLTE/Wi-Fi calling on the Fido Network.

peterkalicki

The comedy of this all is I tried to purchase this phone here through a Fido dealer before I left for Europe, however Fido refused to sell the phone outright without a contract.  Guess there are a few catches to having a BYOP plan. 

...And on that note, I will be shopping tomorrow to switch our remaining 3 lines to another carrier that doesn't penalize their customers...

@FidoKarl , please feel free to delete this thread.

We wouldn't want to see you go @peterkalicki!

These services really are only available on Android phones bought from Fido at this time. We do appreciate the feedback though as we're always looking to improve Smiley

Don't hesitate to contact us if ever you want to review your options.

Zxaz
I'm a contributor level 3
I'm a contributor level 3

Still the old good song......When a see...

'these services are only available on android phones bought from fido at this time we do appreciate the feedback though as we're alway looking to improve'  

If you did really want to improve then you will be doing like any other provider in giving satisfaction to your own customer......this is why you just deserve to lose him as a customer....he will have volte and wifi calling anyway with another provider...