cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked Fido iphone 4, but it does not work with TELUS

nav2004
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Just paid Fido to unlock my out of contract iphone 4. Went through itunes Restore and got message from itunes saying your phone is now unlocked.

But now when I insert a Telus microSIM, it shows No Service.

What do I do ? I am in GTA.

The phone number Fido unlock team gave for Apple is their Apple Care and they need $35 bucks to even talk on phone. Do I need to walk to iphone store to see if the unlock really worked ?

When I put back Fido SIM card, it happily detects the service, but not with Telus Sim which works fine when it is in a Samsung Galaxy S4.

5 REPLIES 5

YogiB
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

If you manually scan for mobile networks, does Telus show?

Did you double-check the access point names?

Does the iPhone mention a network lock when you start it with the Telus SIM?

Could you use a friend's non-Fido (and maybe non-Telus) SIM card and see if that works in your iPhone?

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@YogiB wrote:

If you manually scan for mobile networks, does Telus show?

Did you double-check the access point names?

Does the iPhone mention a network lock when you start it with the Telus SIM?

Could you use a friend's non-Fido (and maybe non-Telus) SIM card and see if that works in your iPhone?

The Access Point Names would only affect features that require internet access such as browsing and MMS. The APNs wouldn't have any impact on this. 

@nav2004  any update?

YogiB
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

@FidoStephen wrote:
The Access Point Names would only affect features that require internet access such as browsing and MMS. The APNs wouldn't have any impact on this. 

Then explain why I couldn't recieve calls or texts when the SIM card entered the wrong APN info into my phone?

Remove the APNs from your phone and try to make a call and send a text. Let us know if it works please.

FidoStephane

Did you try a network search with the Telus SIM in the phone?