cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4 unlocking Question.

Behram
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Okay, so I got iphone 4 unlocked from Fido today. I wanted to see if the unlocked works so I put in the Rogers Sim card and it worked. Now, my friend is scarying me to death saying that phone is now locked on Rogers. My family on has Fido/Rogers sim card and I cannot try another Sim until Moday. I just want to know if any carrier will work or my iPhone 4 is now locked on Rogers forever?

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

@Behram wrote:

Okay, so I got iphone 4 unlocked from Fido today. I wanted to see if the unlocked works so I put in the Rogers Sim card and it worked. Now, my friend is scarying me to death saying that phone is now locked on Rogers. My family on has Fido/Rogers sim card and I cannot try another Sim until Moday. I just want to know if any carrier will work or my iPhone 4 is now locked on Rogers forever?

Your friend if wrong and you are fine. As long as you went through Fido and paid the $50 it is as unlocked as if you bought it that way from Apple. The only way it is locked to Rogers is if there was a major glitch, but it would not be intentional. One could as easily say it is now locked to Bell or AT&T, because the only way that would happen would be a glitch.

It's unlocked. Enjoy using it on the carrier of your choice and saving on roaming fees when you travel.