Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Fido iphone 4S

sensefly
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I heard that Fido will unlock the fido device after 2 years for free, is that true? If so, does it matter if the agreement is 3 years? And will this apply to iphone 4s?

Thanks

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1
I was under the impression that as long as you've been a customer in good standing Fido will unlock your iphone after 90 days into the contract for a $50 fee. In fact, I believe the new CRTC laws enforce such a policy.

Mike

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

The CRTC updates only alllies to new contracts made after Dec 2, 2013. Any old contracts are not affected by the new CRTC updates.

But you can try calling Fido and asking directly. I would like to know their response too, the worst that can happen is them telling you 'no'.

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey everyone.

Fido can unlock any phone as long as it has been registered in your account for at least 90 days if it was subsidized. Any phone purchased at full cost can be unlocked as long as it's registered on the account. There is a $50 unlocking fee that applies to all unlocks.

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Sorry, but Fido will unlock your phone WHEN your contract ends. It does apply to your iphone.

In your case you can unlock your iphone 4s either at the end of your 3 year agreement or if you decide to pay out the subsidy of your remaining contract.