cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary submission of account

affydhaliwal001
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have temporarily suspended my fido plan for few months, it it possible to recieve text messages during that time? If not how could i receive text during that time?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Affydhaliwal001,

Welcome to the community!

If you have temporarily suspended your line, you will not have access to services on that line (see here and here). That would include receiving text messages. To update, however, you should note that the suspension is now only available for a period of 1 to 6 months. It should also be noted that the monthly fee for the temporary suspension may have increased since that post.

If you wished to receive text messages, you would need to cancel the temporary suspension. As far as I am aware, I think you might be able to manage your temporary suspension via your My Account --> View Usage & Manage. From your Dashboard, the option to Manage temporary suspension is near the bottom of the page, under Quick Actions. If you are unable to do so online, you would need to contact customer service Unfortunately, I don't believe it's possible to cancel a temporary suspension for only one day. Once cancelled, service for that line will resume, along with related monthly charges.

You should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you would discuss your situation or need assistance cancelling the temporary suspension, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers