cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super upset

Tereen
I'm a participant level 1

So I been with Fido since 2011 and have enjoyed being a loyal customer. My plan is currently $110 for 10GB, however my iPhone 6 plus is acting up and giving me problems. I want to do an upgrade I have Fido dollars and Fido is willing to give me a $150 loyalty credit, but even with that and my Fido dollars, I am still looking at paying over $500 for an iPhone. That's crazy, and there is no way I can afford that. I'm thinking about exploring different providers...has anyone looked into changing providers? I love Fido, but other providers are offering cheaper plans and devices....not sure what to do......

5 REPLIES 5

EFTC
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

I heard in the rumor mill that Apple has lowered the cost of replacing its batteries for iphones.  I am not sure whether you will be qualified in this program. Nevertheless, this might be an option for you if you qualify for this battery replacement discount.  With this option, you can save some money and hopefully allow you to delay the need to upgrade your phone.

@Tereen wrote:

So I been with Fido since 2011 and have enjoyed being a loyal customer. My plan is currently $110 for 10GB, however my iPhone 6 plus is acting up and giving me problems. I want to do an upgrade I have Fido dollars and Fido is willing to give me a $150 loyalty credit, but even with that and my Fido dollars, I am still looking at paying over $500 for an iPhone. That's crazy, and there is no way I can afford that. I'm thinking about exploring different providers...has anyone looked into changing providers? I love Fido, but other providers are offering cheaper plans and devices....not sure what to do......

Hi there, that is the common complaint with the latest iPhone. Too darned expensive, yet still they buy it. The suggestion from another post to get the iPhone 8 is probably your best option and it is still an upgrade from the 6 AND you won't be out of pocket for the upgrade. Food for thought for sure. Good luck with your choice, it all comes down to you being happy with it. 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Tereen,

Welcome to the community!

As noted previously, the cost of the iPhone X is exorbitant (I assume that's the one you want given the details in your post). Unfortunately, it's not a phone that everyone can afford. When you are searching the other providers, make sure you do the math -- and your research. Low upfront costs means higher monthly fees. Some providers appear to have lower upfront costs and lower monthly fees. However, they usually manage the lower monthly fees by offering fewer services.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

EFTC
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

It is not Fido that's your issue; the issue is your choice of phone. If you go with Apple device, you pay a premium for that.  Apple knows it and they don't cut any breaks for anybody. If you want an iphone, you have to pay for it. That's apple's attitude towards its customers.  If it is out of your price range, you will have to look elsewhere.

ninjafox250

Are you looking at the iPhone  X? Apple announced that as a super premium phone that use only intended for those who are willing and able to pay the super premium. It is an outrageously expensive phone no matter how you look at it.

The iPhone 8 is $200 with a Large plan (I am assuming that is what your would be classed as) so with a loyalty credit and your Fido Dollars I would expect it wouldn't cost anything.