cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kavindira
I'm a participant level 2

I've recently pre-ordered an Iphone 4S. The system was updating my position in line until recently it just says Status: In Progress. What does it supposed to mean? Has my phone been shipped?

***Edited to add labels***

26 REPLIES 26

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

@brettomatic wrote:
If there are phones in stock at the store, why the hell aren't they being given to the people supposedly "in progress"?

I've been with Fido for a decade.... My loyalty is wearing thin....

Technically, you should be able to visit your local kiosk and if the have stock, they should be able to give one to you and then you can cancel the reseravation. Historically, there has been a bit of a problem with this at some stores, where they refuse to sell iPhones to existing customers, preferring instead to hold them for new customers. I've had it explained that this is because their commission rates are higher for new customer or because their stock replenishment is restricted if too many of their sales are to existing customers. In either case, Fido and Rogers have denied this is poilcy, though I have been told by staff at some stores that they received instructions to do just that.

Worth a shot anyway.

Gtrutch
I'm a participant level 1

This whole reserving thing is a joke!  So is the "In Progress".  Nothing is in progress and no one can tell any of us anything.  Bu bye Fido!  Off to the Apple store and going back to TELUS. 

bcyeah

this is an excellent point brettomatic

Customer0

My Status in line also counted down from high 800's to 0 and went into "In Progress" 4 days ago (Monday). It is now Friday and I've been told this means when the phone is available to Fido it will be shipped to the store location I chose and that store will in turn notify me that it is available to pick up.

Only problem is, friends of mine who have signed up for the Reservation System after me and were 3000 in line have already received notifications that their 4S iPhones were ready to pick up early this week. I'm not in any hurry, but its a real kick in the face.

I am starting to think that employees at retail locations are selling pre-ordered phones to their friends and family. How can it possibly take this long?

N_N
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

This can also have a lot to do with the model you ordered.  The easiest iPhones to come by are the 64GB and 32GB.  The ones that are selling the fastest are the 16GB white and black iPhone 4s's (i.e. the hardest to keep in stock).  I have heard that the back-order for the 16GB iPhone is huge!

kavindira

say what!!! I really wish it aint true.. and the staff are currently experiencing some technical glitch. heck yea!! A real kick in the face...