Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint unlocked Galaxy S7 - Hotspot and Tethering menu just blank

Stormleader
I'm a participant level 3

Hello,

I recently bought a Sprint unlocked Galaxy S7. It works with my Fido sim card, but I have one issue:

I cannot activate mobile hotspot because when I go to Hotspot and Tethering menu - the screen is just blank.

Mobile data is active and Data saver is off.

I updated to Android 7.0, but still same issue.

Any idea why is this happening? 20170503_193955_resized.jpg20170503_194004_resized.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Stormleader,

Welcome to the community!

As far as I am aware, Sprint does not offer hotspot & tethering with all of their plans. I have a suspicion that they may have locked the functionality and will unlock it if you purchase one of their eligible plans. This thread offers a method of unlocking the hotspot functionality (without requiring root). Unfortunately, Sprint's network is CDMA-based. The MLS code mentioned in that thread is specific to CDMA. That said, you may be able to calculate the MLS code using the information provided here.

You might consider trying to add the dun setting in the APN type of Fido's ltemobile.apn first to see if that might be a simpler quick fix.

If neither of these options provides a solution, you might consider searching other forums or Google for other methods of unlocking hotspot and tethering on Sprint phones.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Stormleader

Thank you Cawtau! It was just confirned by my cell phone vendor that tethering is indeed locked by Sprint.

I guess I'll try unlocking it following your instructions.

Will let community know if it works or not....  

FidoCharles
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Stormleader

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for the information and print screens. There can be a couple of reason why this could happen.

What plan are you currently on? How much data do you have access to?

Stormleader

I have unlimited minutes + unlimited messaning + 1 GB data. No term.

Hi there @Stormleader

You should be able to use the tethering feature, with 1GB of data. 

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look at this together!

Stormleader

Thank you!