Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro Freezing

IsmaeelM
I'm a participant level 2

Hi!

Ever since I got my vivaz pro in january, it has been a constant nusance due to it freezing at random times. Somtimes when Im making a call, othertimes when its just in my pocket.  It has been a frequent occurance enough to make it really difficult to call or text. I had contacted customer support through the phone and they couldnt help me. i sent it in for repairs and the issue still persists. Iam at a loss as its a big hinderance in using my fido service-somtimes freezing upto a good 12 minuites. Do you guys have any answers? Sad 

7 REPLIES 7

kherbst

I have had the same problem and the software updates do not make a difference at all. I have tried contacting Sony Ericsson but they are not easy to deal with. I have had nothing but problems with this handset and would recommend you try to get rid of it if you can. The only way I can get through a day relatively problem free is to turn off the phone and take the battery out, wait 15 seconds then put the whole thing back together. Not a great solution but it works most times.

kate04
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I go my Vivaz Pro in december, 2011 and I also experience it freezing most of the time. What I do is to open the back cover, remove the battery, replace it and put the phone back on and everything normalizes.

ram

I also have two sony vivaz pro, and the same thing happens and the handset also shuts off in conversation or text, sent out for repair and problem still there, so far Fido will take no responsibility for the handset I was told by Fido rep that there has been no problems with these hand sets but the were discontinued from fido web site not even a 6 months that I had them. So far fido would rather lose my 4 lines before giving any solution.

IsmaeelM

Really? All the other posts that were posted after me get answered but not this one >_>.

Hello IsmaeelM,

I am sorry that I could not reply to you earlier; I was searching for the appropriate solution to your issue.

I have found the following software update for your handset:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/mobilephones/downloads/subject/updateservice/vivazpro?cc=ca&...

I would suggest that you install it onto your handset.

If that does not help, at this point, I would have to once again refer you to our Repair & Loaner service as this is the service included in your 1 year manufacturer warranty.

Should you prefer another alternative, you may also contact Sony Ericsson as the issue is with their software directly and they may have found a solution that we do not yet have. You can find their contact information here:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/common/contact?cc=ca&lc=en

I hope this helps!

IsmaeelM

Thank you for the info, I'll get right to it, hope it works. Thanks again Smiley

ram
That solution did not help my problem, it still persist and was told to deal with manufactuer about problem that it's not a fido problem.