cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some text messages delayed 12 hours

GNeff
I'm a participant level 2

My wife and I both have iPhones on Fido.  We're both on a Messages group chat with her two brothers, both on Rogers, one with an iPhone and one with Android.  

On this group chat, some messages are being delayed by exactly 12 hours.  A message from one of her brothers can come on time to either me or my wife, and be delayed 12 hours to the other.  Most messages come through immediately, but about 10% are delayed to one or the other.

This has been ongoing for a few months now, over several iOS updates.

6 REPLIES 6

Tmcnish
I'm a participant level 1

Have you got this solved? I'm having the exact same problem with a message group I'm in. 3 of us are iPhone, one Android, but it's only me experiencing the 12 hour delay on random messages. And it's not all from the same member. 

Hey @Tmcnish! We would suggest you get in touch with our Technical Support team so they can find out the root cause of this situation.
You can reach them either by dialing *611 from your Fido phone or via Live Chat as well.

FidoPhilippe

Hey @GNeff! Welcome to the community. 🙂

Are you still having trouble with your messages since your post? If so, you can try the troubleshooting tips found here.

Let us know if that helps.

GNeff

Yes, still having the issue.  MMS messaging is on.  I'll try Apple support.

CrazyAunt5

Any resolution? Having the exact same issue with random texts being delayed exactly 12 hours. Have 2 iPhones (different Apple accounts / different FIDO accts) in the same location in a group of 5. 1 of other 3 is iPhone and other 2 are Android (none FIDO). Yesterday 4 texts delayed 12 hours - one from iPhone/FIDO user, one from iPhone/non-FIDO and 2 from Android/non-FIDO. Different ones delayed on each of the 2 iPhones at the same location. Has happened frequently for about a month. Texts always arrive exactly 12 hours later ... can tell from when they arrived in other phones. 

Hey @CrazyAunt5 

Thanks for sharing this here.

This happens indoor and outdoor as well?