cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SciPhone i68 4G

cia4satellite
I'm a participant level 2

I need help to set up my SciPhone i68 4G for Fido mobile internet. I get the $10 internet for a month but I cannot make it to connect to the internet. I can use the phone using fido sim card on other Fido phone. I can use the mobile internet on my other fido phone.

***Edited to add labels***

5 REPLIES 5

cia4satellite

Thank for all the response!!!

I wil try what you said.

doctornic
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

You can connect to the internet with your sciphone i68 4g using the $10 internet plan.  I have suceeded and am not trying to figure out mms.  

I have noticed from several different tutorials that there are at least 2 different menus on the 4G, so I will use my menu type.  

First off click on your services menu then go to data accounts, then gprs.  If there are any unused accounts use that but if not just use one of the used accounts and edit 

change the name of the account to Fido WAP or whatever you want

APN is:  wap.fido.ca

User name:  fido 

Password:  fido

Primary DNS: 205.151.011.011

Secondary DNS:  000.000.000.000 

Then save and leave.

Next enter services, then internet services, settings profiles then add new

Profile name:  Fido Wap, or whatever you want.

Homepage:  http://fido.mobi/internet

Data Account :  highlight the data accound and then push select at the bottom left of the screen.  then gprs find the profile you just set up  and push on it.  your gprs should now show up under data account.  

Connection type:  Push on this and it will give you the option of http or wap.  select http the push ok.  This will take you to another screen

Use proxy:  yes

Proxy address  205.151.011.011 

Proxy port:  8080

then hit back and back again.  

User name:  fido

Password:  fido

then back, there you will see one of the menues being acctivate my account, hit this and you should automatically go back to the select profile and your new profile should have a green check beside it.  

You aren't done yet, ... you are now going to have to look for the java icon then java settings, this will take you to another menu.  

if you have 2 sims you have to know what one your data account is if you only have one use sim1 and you will see java SIM1 Profile.  

Click on that till you find your new profile.  click ok on the bottom right of the screen and exit.  

I found I could connect with the internet browser on the phone, but could not connect with the opera browsers that were included on the phone.  I did download the new version of opera to my computer and then installed it on my phone

Just be warned taht the native browser is painfully slow and will load most page in Chinese you get the option of english... but man is it a pain.  

Hope that was helpful

jimsprincess
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Good to know....Thanks!!!

ren596
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

@doctornic wrote:

You can connect to the internet with your sciphone i68 4g using the $10 internet plan.  I have suceeded

Well that's a bit of a supprise, GOOD to Know Surprised Smiley

ren596
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

Ah.. The iPhone Clone from China

See:  CECT (mobile phone brand) on Wikipedia or SciPhone i68 4G on YouTube

Well since this phone is an iPhone Nock-Off the first thing that comes to mind is that the FIDO Network MIGHT see this phone as a SMARTphone and the $10.00 UMB option WILL NOT WORK with Smartphones YOU Will have to add a DATA Add On to your services for the SciPhone i68 4G so it can access the Internet