cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy a8 bootloop FRP lock on

darkruk
I'm a participant level 2

Hello. My Samsung Galaxy A8 is stuck in bootloop but has a FRP lock on. I can only access the OS download screen. What are my options? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @darkruk,

It sounds like someone reset or try to flash firmware without removing the lock, if the phone will only boot to the download screen then you will have to reflash the firmware and then enter the last lock screen pin to make the phone boot providing that it has no other issues stopping it from booting.

darkruk

Hi! Thanks for your reply. No attempt was made to flash the ROM or FR prior to the bootloop issue.

Wouldn't I have to remove the FRP lock before  attempting to flash the firmware?

Is there anyway to have the FRP lock removed within this bootloop?

Thanks!

Hello, again @darkruk,

You need to flash the firmware then the FRP can be removed when you log in with the last account used on the device.

darkruk

Thanks for all the input! It is most appreciated. I actually bought the Dr.Fone "System Repair" product,but it failed to yeild any results. Do you think Odin or some other site would be able to solve the issue. I am pretty sure that the Dr.Fone product attempted to flash the firmare, but was unsuccessful.

Hello @darkruk,

If you bought software to flash the phone you wasted your money the firmware is available for free and you just flash it with odin.

The community rules would not permit me to post links to sites that modify devices.