cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 950w or T or F from Fido?

dramktg
I'm a participant level 3

Would someone  know which version is supplied by Fido with their  2février yr plans?

5 REPLIES 5

dramktg

Thank you very much for the info. One more question if I can, as the phone will be used indifferent countries where I will be using iether 'international' SIM cards or country specific cards would there be an issue in switching cards? Such as the phone locking in to the first card inserted (FIDO) and having to use an unlock code for the transfer, in spite of the fact that the phone is unlocked.

Hey @dramktg

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

Your phone should remain unlocked but if for any reason it becomes locked we'll also be able to unlock it without a problem. 

All you'd need to do is make sure the frequencies of the phone are compatible with the ones used in the countries you're visiting and you'll be good to go. 

Hope that helps! 

dramktg

Thank you Fido Pamela for the reply. The inquiry as to the 950W was effectively to check the frequency data for that edition. I have some supposed 'international' SIM cards that will not work on Canadian carriers, whille one from another supplier does. The same with 'international' phones.

The lock/unlock item comes from comments from S8 owners supposedly having the phone lock after initial insertion of the Fido SIM. I will try this out on reception of the phone with the FIDO SIM and others I have to confirm before leaving.

Thank you again for your input.

Regards,

Michel

Hello Dramktg,

Welcome to the community!

These are the band/frequency specifiations for the Canadian version (G950W) Galaxy S8:

Galaxy S8.jpg

Taken from here.

@dramktg wrote:...I have some supposed 'international' SIM cards that will not work on Canadian carriers, whille one from another supplier does.

I'm not sure I quite understand your meaning with that statement. Whether an international SIM will or will not work on Canadian carriers, should not depend on a phone's bands/frequencies per se. Providing the international SIM is capable of roaming internationally (and has roaming agreements in place), you should be able to use the SIM in a phone with local compatible bands/frequencies. It should be the phone's specifications which is the potential limiting factor, not the SIM itself.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @dramktg,

The 950W is the Canadian version so that will be the one you will get from Fido.