If redmi 4 will work here

I'm a Participant Level 3 bhasan
I'm a Participant Level 3

If redmi 4 will work here

Somebody gifted me redmi 4 phone on my birthday. The phone is purchased in India. When I tried to use it here on fido sim, it says "Mobile network not available". I just want to use phone. Anyway I do not have data plan. I looked at phone specs on its website and the details are as follows:

GSM B3 (1800MHz), B8 (900MHz)
WCDMA 900 / 2100MHz

FDD LTE B1 / B3 / B5
TD-LTE B40 / B41

Since phone did not work, I want to know if above said info is not compatible or what. Is there anyway I can make it work.

Many thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Re: If redmi 4 will work here

Hello Bhasan,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, that version of the phone will not work in North America. It does not have any compatible bands/frequencies. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here.

Since it does not have any compatible bands/frequencies, there is no way to make that phone work on the cellular networks.

Not what you wanted to hear, but hope this helps :Smiley:

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP
Solution

Hello Bhasan,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, that version of the phone will not work in North America. It does not have any compatible bands/frequencies. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here.

Since it does not have any compatible bands/frequencies, there is no way to make that phone work on the cellular networks.

Not what you wanted to hear, but hope this helps :Smiley:

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
I'm a Participant Level 3 bhasan
I'm a Participant Level 3

Thanks a lot for this info. Appreciate that.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3