cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S7 Edge Data Switch Quick setting missing

mahio96
I'm a participant level 2

I was wonderiing why I didnt have the data switch ( the one that when touched it put the data ON or OFF )

I did research and It tell that the carrier disabled it and now im asking why did you do that and dont you are suppose to have a built Fido widget that switch it ++++++

5 REPLIES 5

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Mahio96,

As FidoPierre noted above, that functionality was removed by Google in the Android Lollipop update. Apparently, it was returned in Marshmallow. However, not all phone manufacturers added it to their stock versions of software. For example it wasn't included in Samsung's version of android. They later released an app to restore the quick panel setting in those phones: QuickPanel Restore. You can find find similar apps in the Google Play store. I downloaded one of them and was able to restore the mobile data quick panel switch on my S5!

One word of caution: I accidentally uninstalled it and it somehow got rid of my whole quick panel. I had to resort to a factory reset to restore the panel. I reinstalled the app and it seems to be working perfectly.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey mahio96, 

I did a quick search and it would seem that these modifications happened during one of the previous software updates. Can you tell us which OS version your phone is currently running? 

Can you also confirm if you're still able to go through the settings, select mobile data and to disable it from there? 

mahio96

im in the 6.0.1 version and yes if i go throught the setting i can do it but manually what i wanted to know is where is the QUICK setting for it when you swipe from UP to DOWN

If you go to the Samsung APP store and install an APP called Good Lock you will get the data toggle back and a bunch of other features.

mahio96

Thank you i will try this ASAP thank you everyone for the Support