cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S6 update

Acedeuce
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I did everything you guys have suggested. It still doesn't work. I don't know what I'm paying for. It's unheard-of to have my cell phone provider call my house phone because you can reach my cell. I have a ticket open but that doesn't mean anything. Fix the problem

***Edited to add labels***

30 REPLIES 30

Dions
I'm a contributor level 2

does that mean were going to get the May security update?

FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

@Dions, great question. We'll get back to you once we have an answer. Smiley

Dions

Yes it's a great question and you have the worst answer, actuly all of you guys who call yourself Fido in your titles are USELESS, you have no actual answers, you just turn around the question we ask and make it more confusing for all of us. I should literaly change my username to include fido, maybe ill have better answer to give users.

@Dions this is a tricky one because Google usually release security updates on the first Monday of every month and since May 1st is a Monday and Fido has the update schedule for that date I would safely say the May security will not be included. 

Reason being Google release the security update then Samsung has to include it in there update then Rogers/Fido will test and then push it out. 

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

No way on Gods green earth we'll see the May security update included with Nougat 7.0. I'll be impressed if we get the new OS on May 1st as we've seen this sort of thing before with Android updates controlled by FIdo/Rogers. 

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @Dions, this update will include the April security update. We don't have a date for the May security update yet.

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1
My Gregorian calendar claims it's May 1st but that can't be because there's no Nougat update for my Galaxy S6 at the moment. Can't say this is all that surprising.

@Proac wrote:
My Gregorian calendar claims it's May 1st but that can't be because there's no Nougat update for my Galaxy S6 at the moment. Can't say this is all that surprising.

You could at least wait for the day to end before you start complaining. To reiterate what gets said every time there is a new update, the updates gets pushed out in batches and you just have to wait. 

The update is scheduled to be released today it does not mean you will actually get it today.

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1
All of us Galaxy S6 users have every right to complain. As much as a dislike the Apple ecosystem I give them credit for not allowing the carriers to mess with their OS or control its release. With Apple when they say it's released you simply go get it. Not with Android. You get one date, then it gets delayed, then when that fictional date arrives you're supposed to pray you may actually get it in a few days. Funny I haven't heard of any Fido customers receiving Nougat on an S6 today. Go ahead and prove me wrong and show me any Fido S6 user with the Nougat update.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi Acedeuce & welcome to the Community.

I invite you to keep an eye out on this thread. We'll update it as we get more information.

Thanks. Smiley