cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S10 battery issues:

stoker315
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

My S10 is about 7 months old, and seems to have an unbelievably short battery life. I says that it has a 10 hour charge, but it does not seem to last that long, and surely, if I am not using my phone, my phone should hold a charge over the course of a work day. I have deleted all but 2 games, and those I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have restarted the phone a few times. and now I run battery maintenance several times a day in order to ensire that no hidden programs are running.

So what now? 

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

FidoVan

Hi there @stoker315 !

No matter which phone you have or which province you live in, your manufacturer's warranty lasts 1 year (except for the Fido "Faves" which last 2 to 3 years depending on the model) and cover only manufacturing defects: software or hardware failure. This warranty is automatically voided if your device has suffered any type of accidental or liquid damage, or if you got it repaired through a third-party provider (even just the screen). There are a few ways for you to request a repair under warranty:

- you can reach out to your manufacturer directly (Apple, Samsung, LG, etc.) like @KAPABLE-K said.

- you can bring it to a Fido store to have it sent for repair.

- you can visit the online portal where you can diagnose your device, intiate and track your repair or use the Device Toolbox within the Fido My Account App

- lastly you can also reach out to our technical support experts by contacting customer service.

For more information, you can visit this link. Hope this helps! 🙂

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @stoker315,

Welcome to the community!

Try draining the battery completely then recharge it with the phone off if that does not help try a factory reset and if the problem is still there contact Samsung as you are still within your one-year manufacturer warranty.