Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Nexus S - Charging System

Robin
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hello all,

Not sure if it is just me but 2 days into owning the new Samsung Nexus S I have determined that on an overnight charge of this handset the phone though it says it's fully charged only shows that is it's 95% charged. Just a moment ago though I unplugged my phone fron the usb cable to the computer and the new battery level went down to 94%, I have sinced plugged the usb back in and the phone has not even returned back to it's original 95% after since being plugged in for 15 mins since.

I think there are a few too many bugs to be worked out on this handset and when it will be done I don't know but it's annoying.

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

WickyLeBlond
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Give it some time. It's a new phone with a new OS. 2.3 is still pretty new, give them some time to fix what needs fixing. It's the big disadvantage with getting a new device first, you deal with all the bugs at the beginning.

fei
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

the battery issues are prevalent within all galaxy s models where power users must charge after 16-18 hrs only to get a max charge of 96%; in most cases this is due to a defective batteryand can be easily swapped. there are a few things that you can do to reduce the rate of discharge like reducing brightness, turning off bluetooth, wifi and gps when not in use also turning off access to background data/ automatic account syncing. the nexus s given by fido has 2.3.3; and it is the most upgraded version of 2.3 to mainly deal with the issues that samsung and huawei have been having with their phones and tablets on 2.3.

when this phone was originially announced, it was to have a dual core processor, gorilla glass and a higher capacity battery but samsung decided to focus much more on the galaxy s ii to the ire of google. in any case we're stuck with the phones that fido has given us and the people at xda-developers have quite a few solutions for the issues that show up on this board so it doesnt hurt to check them out.