cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) Nougat update battery drain!

roylibp
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hey there! Well I just got the update for my Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 allowing for me to now run Android 7.0 Nougat. Every thing seems to be okay except for the BATTERY DRAIN! I cannot go for more than two hours without having to find my self plugging in! I mostly run media and a few games during my spare time....but the battery is not lasting. This is definatly a software issue, and not only my device (battery was great on Marshmallow😀). When can we expect a fix, or even a temporary solution? And NO I HAVE TO BINGE WATCH ON NETFLIX😉

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey roylibp!

Have you checked your battery stats under your phone settings to see if any of your apps are using more of your battery than usual? Have you tried doing a full factory reset of your device?

What tests have you tried so far? 

Let us know!

pimanbouk1
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi Amanda,

i am having the same problem and it's disappointing since the A5 is a pretty good device. I checked the battery settings, it says screen 66%. the rest of the apps are under 5% (snap, ig, etc). if i do the full factory reset, am i going to lose the music on the device? 

thanks

Hello @pimanbouk1,

Welcome to the community!

If you do a factory reset you will lose everything on the phone.

I suggest you try clearing the cache partition first, you can find that in settings then storage. Also if you have your screen brightness set to max it will drain your battery faster. 

pimanbouk1

Will definitely try this. thanks!